MidCoast Council Libraries will move its popular Storytime sessions online this week.
From this Friday, July 31 Storytime will be conducted via Zoom until September.
Virtual storytimes have been available for children to watch online since COVID-19 restrictions began, however there was a desire to make the events more interactive for participants.
"We will still be hosting the occasional virtual storytime that is pre-recorded rather than a live event, but our interactive Zoom storytimes will mean that families have a chance to see their regular storytime presenter," libraries manager, Chris Jones said.
"Zoom storytime sessions will be held on most weeks with different presenters from the different libraries, giving all children the chance to see a familiar face."
The full list of scheduled dates, times and presenters are:
- Friday, July 31 with Di from Hallidays Point library;
- Wednesday, August 12 with Meredith from Forster library;
- Monday, August 24 with Amanda from Gloucester library;
- Monday, September 7 with Susan from Wingham library;
- Thursday, September 17 with Kiara from Taree library, and
- Thursday, September 24 with Caroline from Harrington library.
All participants will need a Zoom account to participate, and all children will need a parent/carer to sit with them and keep their screen on for the duration of the session.
Bookings are essential; visit the MidCoast Libraries events page HERE to book or contact 6592 5290 for more information.
Catch up with the latest: