Bagpipes, tartans and the odd "wee dram" will all be on the agenda at the Bonnie Wingham Scottish Festival to be held over eight days from Sunday May 26 to June 2.
The event, which is held with financial assistance from the federal government's Building Better Regions Fund, will be celebrating its 15th year as Scottish clans and fanatics for all things Scottish take over the town.
Highlights of the week include the popular Highland Fair with massed pipe and drum bands, caber tossing, games, medieval warriors and more than 30 stalls. It is on 10am to 3.30 pm Saturday June 1 in Wingham's Central Park.
The Grand Scottish Ball at Wingham Services Club, where you can enjoy the pomp and ceremony and dance the night away with traditional Scottish dances, accompanied by a spectacular meal and, of course, the authentic haggis, will be held on Saturday, June 1.
"The 15th Bonnie Wingham Scottish Festival kicks off at 2pm Sunday May 26 with our traditional opening Scottish concert at Wingham's Catholic Church opposite Central Park," said one of the organiser's Bill Beach.
To get you in a Scottish mood a wonderful line-up of talented local artists will entertain you. The U3A Silverstones, under the direction of the well-known Pam Archer, will open the concert heralding a stirring afternoon of Celtic music guaranteed to get your feet tapping and your kilt swinging.
"Hopefully we will have time for a wee sing-a-long and of course no Scottish concert would be complete without the Manning Valley Pipes and Drums to bring out the Scottishness in all of us," said Bill.
- 2pm Sunday May 26 - Scottish Concert at Wingham Catholic Church.
- 10am Thursday May 30 - Genealogy Fair at Wingham Services Club; experts will help you to unravel your past.
- 7.30am Friday May 31 - Heritage Breakfast at Wingham Anglican Church Hall.
- 10am Friday May 31 - Heritage bus tour; fully conducted tour to see where the Scottish settlers made their homes.
- 10.30am Friday May 31 - judging of the CWA shortbread baking competition
- 5.30pm Friday May 31 - Civic Reception at Wingham Library.
- 7pm Friday May 31 - Ceilidh at Wingham Services Club.
- 9.30am Saturday June 1 - Street Parade around Wingham's Central Park.
- 10am to 3.30pm Saturday June 1 - the highlight of the Festival is the Highland Fair.
- 7pm Saturday June 1 - Grand Scottish Ball at Wingham Services Club.
- 7.30am Sunday 2 June - Thanksgiving Service.