Each New Year's Day, Harrington celebrates John Gollan Day.
The day is filled with family friendly entertainment such as carnival rides, live music, hundreds of markets stalls, food stalls and a model train expo.
The evening concludes with a spectacular fireworks display from 9pm.
The event is part of Harrington Festival celebrations.
- Taree parkrun. The run will start at Endeavour Place Reserve, Taree at 8am.
- Bobin Hall markets, 9am to 2pm at the hall on Bulga Road, Bobin.
- Pacific Palms markets, 9am to 1pm at the Pacific Palms Community Centre, Elizabeth Beach.
- New Year’s Eve fireworks on the Taree foreshore. Activities start at 5pm before fireworks display at 9pm.
- New Year’s Eve celebrations at John Wright Park, Tuncurry. Face painting, balloon animals, glow sticks, food stalls and much more. Starts at 6.45pm before fireworks at 9pm.
- The Lower Manning Tagged fish round-up commences. Cash prizes to be won. Concludes on January 31.
- New Year’s Day Taree parkrun, starts at 8am at Endeavour Place Reserve, Taree.
- Twilight Storytime at Hallidays Point Library on Thursday, January 4 from 5.30pm to 6.15pm. Ages 4 to 8 and supervision is required.