Both Gloucester and Wingham townships are facing minor flooding with heavy rain falling over the last 24 hours.
Up to 121 millimetres of rainfall has been recorded over the Manning River valley during the past 24 hours to 4am on Sunday.
At this stage, it is not possible to predict flood peaks because of the uncertainty over how much more rain will fall.
Minor flooding is predicted along the Gloucester River at Gloucester. The Gloucester River at Gloucester is likely to reach the minor flood level (4.30 m) Sunday.
The NSW SES is reminding people to never Never drive ride or walk through floodwater:
As a result flood water will start to impact low lying areas, roads, bridges and causeways in and around Gloucester including:
- Phillip Street Bridge
- Dennison Street Bridge
- Gloucester Flats
The Manning River at Wingham is expected to exceed the minor flood level (4.90 m) on Sunday morning. The river level is likely to reach around 5.50 metres Sunday afternoon with minor flooding.
The current river height at the Wingham gauge is 3.40 metres.
As a result flood water may start to impact low lying areas, roads, bridges and causeways in and around the Manning River including:
- Bight Bridge (inundated and closed)
- Racecourse Road
- Fotheringham Street
- Wingham Peninsula
Video by @lingalongafarmwingham of the flood waters rising at Wingham:
The NSW SES recommends the following actions:
- Impacted residents should be aware of possible isolation that could affect their work, family and educational commitments.
- If your property is at risk of inundation, please raise moveable items, such as furniture, as high as possible onto benches or tables, placing electrical items on top.
- If you live in a low-lying area and are advised by an emergency services officer to evacuate, please do so.
- Secure outside belongings and before leaving; turn off the power, water and take essential medicines and clothes with you.
For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW SES on 132 500
In a life-threatening emergency call 000 (triple zero).