The Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD) will not be providing daily updates on local COVID-19 cases (by local government area) starting tomorrow, Saturday, January 15.
"With the centralisation of rapid antigen reporting at a state level, our local case numbers are no longer an accurate reflection of COVID-19 across the Hunter New England region - and from today we'll cease providing a local case update," a HNELHD spokesperson said.
"However, we will continue to report daily hospitalisation, ICU numbers and other important public health messaging to protect you and your loved ones from COVID-19 on our social media channels.
To keep up to date with COVID-19 data you can visit the following links.
- For daily case numbers go to: bit.ly/NSWHealthMediaUpdates.
- For the total number of active cases go to: bit.ly/NSWHealthCOVID-19Update.
- For cases and tests by local health district and local government area go to: bit.ly/LocallyAcquiredCases.
- For the breakdown of positive PCR versus RAT registrations go to: bit.ly/COVID-19DataStatistics.
- For vaccination rates by postcode go to: bit.ly/NSW_Vaccination_by_postcode.
Our COVID-19 news articles relating to public health and safety are free for anyone to access. However, we depend on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, please subscribe here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support.