GROUP Three Rugby League's management will meet on Tuesday, September 14, where it is almost certain fulltime will be officially called on the 2021 season.
"The clubs still want to play on, but I can't see that happening,'' Group Three chairman Wayne Bridge said.
There's been no play in Group Three since the State went into lockdown on Saturday, August 14. Some clubs haven't had a game since late July due to COVID-19 related disruptions caused when the Newcastle/Hunter area went into lockdown.
NSW deputy premier John Barilaro said last week community sport will not return until NSW hits 80 per cent double vaccinations, despite many areas in regional NSW, including the Manning-Great Lakes, Hastings and Macleay, coming out of lockdown last weekend.
NSW could hit double vaccinations in "early to mid November", Mr Barilaro said.
Mr Bridge said last week there was a possibility the Group Three competition could be extended to mid-October in a bid to play a finals series conducted over two weekends and featuring the top four sides in all grades.
However, he admitted on Monday there's no likelihood of that occurring now.
Mr Bridge said this week's meeting would also make a determination on whether major premierships would be awarded and if a player of the year presentation is conducted. The group will also decide if the Hall of Fame night goes ahead.