Taree's Australia Day ceremony and celebrations were held on the Manning foreshore on Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Community group of the year - Wallaby Joe Rural Fire Service of Wingham
- Junior citizen of the year - singer/songwiter Georgia Hudson
- Manning River Times Ken McDonald memorial sportstar of the year - golfer Quedesha Golledge
- Community achiever of the year - Cynthia Burke
- Citizen of the year - Taycee Lea Jones and Owen Harper for bushfire support.
Organisers were please with the number of people attending.
It has been Australia's lost summer. Drought, hail, floods and, worst of all, bushfires have ravaged communities all over the nation. But the selfless actions of friends, family, neighbours, strangers, local groups and volunteer organisations have inspired us and strengthened the bonds of community. Please join us in saying thanks to the heroes of the home front by sharing your stories of gratitude. To salute a person or a group, please use the form below.