Firefighters battling bushfires across the Mid Coast area took advantage of conditions on Monday to strengthen containment lines.
Rural Fire Service (RFS) Mid Coast district officer Stuart Robb said the move was ahead of predicted unfavourable conditions in the coming days.
"Conditions have eased today (November 18) and on the weekend," Mr Robb said.
"All fires in the Mid Coast area are at advice level and are being controlled."
The RFS was waiting on word from the Bureau of Meteorology to determine which days could possess the worst fire threats.
"This could be Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Thursday," Mr Robb said.
"We won't know until this afternoon."
The RFS impact assessment teams have been out each day across the coast to inspect fire affected communities.
"They've completed the first sweeping survey," Mr Robb said.
"There's a few areas where they couldn't get to in the last few days."
So far, 421 homes, 27 facilities and 814 outbuildings have been destroyed across NSW.
Almost 2000 homes have been saved.
Figures for the Mid Coast area are yet to be confirmed.