The fire threat is relentless and it's not summer.
There are three fires impacting our region - the Goldens Road, near Forster, another at Hillville and the Bills Crossing fire at Crowdy Head.
The Forster fire is now nine hectares in size and is listed as being under control.
The RFS says the Forster fire has broken containment lines on the eastern side of The Southern Parkway.
The Hillville fire is burning on the western side of the Pacific Highway, north of Possum Brush.
What we know right now
- Evacuation centres have been opened in Club Taree (121 Wingham Road, Taree) and Tuncurry Bowling Club 21 Parkes Street Tuncurry. People wishing to self evacuate are asked to register online at Register Find Reunite before attending the evacuation centre.
- The Hillville fire is burning in the Talawahl Nature Reserve, moving in an easterly direction towards the highway.
- Crowdy Head Road is currently open but may be closed at short notice.
- A coastal sea breeze may push the Bills Crossing fire towards the Harrington area.
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Much of the information and advice here is provided by the NSW RFS
Please hang tight while the blog updates