Motorists returning from the long weekend break are being advised to allow extra travel time due to heavy holiday traffic in some parts of the State.
The State's Transport Management Centre reports:
- Southbound traffic on the M1 Pacific Motorway is heavy from Cooranbong to Warnervale on the Central Coast, adding around 90 minutes extra travel time.
- Southbound traffic on the Pacific Highway is heavy from Raymond Terrace to Heatherbrae in the Hunter, adding around 20 minutes extra travel time.
- Northbound traffic on the Pacific Highway is heavy approaching Woodburn, adding around 25 minutes travel time.
- Northbound traffic is heavy on the Princes Highway through Nowra, adding around 20 minutes travel time.
- Northbound traffic is heavy on the Princes Highway approaching Batemans Bay, adding around 40 minutes travel time.
- Eastbound traffic is also heavy on the Great Western Highway from Mount Victoria to Blackheath in the Blue Mountains.
Motorists are advised to plan ahead and check the latest traffic conditions at www.livetraffic.com.