What's on in the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester
- Comboyne Agricultural Show, all day, both Saturday and Sunday, at Comboyne Showground, Showground Road, Comboyne.
- 'Paint, Cloth and Clay' art exhibition, until March 24 at the Gloucester Art Gallery, Denison Street, Gloucester. Featuring the work of painter Yvette Hugill, ceramicist Peter Hugill and printmaker Ali Haigh. Gallery hours are Thursday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 10am to 1pm. Monday to Wednesday, call ahead: 0425 203 877.
- Art exhibitions at Manning Regional Art Gallery. Into the Wild - Exploring the Past by Peter Schouten, Paradise of Waters, Movements and Impermanence by Angela Tay and Jennifer Catt. Gallery hours are Wednesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 1pm to 4pm. The official opening is at 2pm this Saturday.
- 'Less is More' declutter workshop, 11am to 1pm at Harrington Library. Free.
- Understanding our Shorebirds, 10am to 4pm at Manning Regional Art Gallery. Join artist Bridget Nicholson in making thousands of clay eggs as part of an Orana Arts and the Office of Environment and Heritage’s Art of Threatened Species program to produce art about three threatened shorebird species: the little tern, pied oystercatcher and beach stone-curlew. Free.
- Book launch, Moving with the Moon: Yoga, Movement and Meditation for Every Phase of your Menstrual Cycle and Beyond by Ana Davis, between 1pm and 2pm at Taree Library.
- Preschool Storytime, between 10.30am to 11.30am at Hallidays Point Library, Village Shopping Centre High Street, Hallidays Point.
- Rudi’s Market, 8am to 2pm, corner of Bushland and Kanangra Drives, Taree.
- Tucker Patch Farmgate Stall (organic, chemical-free produce), 9am to 11am at The Tucker Patch, Cemetery Road, Gloucester.
- Group Three Rugby League Southern Pre-Season Finals, first game 12.30pm at Harry Elliott Oval, Tuncurry. First grade finals 2.30pm.
- The Hub Market, 8am to noon, Taree Showground, Muldoon Street, Taree.
- Forster Farmers Market, 8am to noon, Forster Visitor Information Centre, Little Street, Forster.
- Tea Gardens Village Markets, 8am to noon, at Myall Quays Shopping Centre, Myall Road, Tea Gardens.
- The Biggest Paella, 5.30pm to 9.30pm at Johns River Community Hall. An attempt to set an official Australian record to feed 250 friends a decent portion of paella out of the same pan. Free.
- St Patrick's Day trivia night, 6.30pm to 11pm at Gloucester Bowling Club. Fundraiser for Westpac Rescue Helicopter. Tickets $10pp, available from Gloucester Health Foods.
- Krambach Markets, 8.30am to 1pm, Krambach School of Arts Hall.
- Museum Car Boot Sale, 9am to 1pm, Great Lakes Museum, Capel Street, Tuncurry.
- At Taree Zone Field, Women's Premier League Football Mid North Coast vs New Lambton. First grade game 2.30pm, games start with under 14s at 11.10am.