At the ordinary meeting of MidCoast Council held on October 25, the newly elected council appointed delegates to external bodies from their ranks.
The process to appoint councillors to committees was by consensus and when consensus could not be reached, the mayor determined that council’s nomination to the committee would be drawn from a hat from those nominated.
The appointments were made as follows:
- Hunter Councils: The mayor is a board director.
- Mid North Weight of Loads Group: Cr Katheryn Smith
- Arts Mid North Coast: Cr Claire Pontin
- Bushfire Management Committee and NSW RFS District Liaison Committee: Cr Len Roberts
- NSW Public Libraries Association: Cr David Keegan
- Hunter Regional Weeds Committee: Mayor David West
- Joint Regional Planning Panels: Cr Peter Epov and Cr David Keegan, with Cr Jan McWilliams as alternate
- Local Traffic committee: Cr Brad Christensen
- Manning Valley Liquor Consultative Committee: Cr Brad Christensen
- Pacific Blue Metal Quarry at Possum Brush: Mayor David West
- Port Stephens Great Lakes Marine Park Advisory Committee: clarification being sought on the status of council’s representation.
- Port Stephens Myall Lakes Estuary Management Committee: Cr Claire Pontin
- Duralie Coal Mine Community Consultative Committee: Cr Karen Hutchinson and Cr Katheryn Smith
- Stratford Coal Mine community Consultative Committee: Cr Karen Hutchinson with Cr Katheryn Smith as alternate.
- Gloucester Exploration Project Community Consultative Committee – Gloucester Resources Limited (GRL): Cr Claire Pontin
Cr Kathryn Bell and Cr Troy Fowler were not appointed to any committees.