As Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company we are dedicated to helping people thrive. We put our people first, customers, clients, partners and communities.
The Home Care service program delivers in-home support services to aging clients to help them live independently, supported and empowered, within their own homes and communities.
In these unprecedented times, we must do what we do best: We connect. We Respect. We make it possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE:
Your new role, as Personal Care Worker, will offer a permanent part time contract of 30-40 hours per fortnight, based with our Taree NSW customers and team.
What does your new role look like?
- Providing support to clients with domestic assistance duties such as cleaning, laundry and meal preparation
- Assisting your clients with personal care support including, showering, toileting and feeding assistance
- Providing company for your customers through social support and leisure outings
- Helping with transportation for your clients to appointments, shopping and for social outings
- Building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with clients and their families
- Adherence to health and safety guidelines and policies to keep yourself and our clients safe
You may be already be working in the Aged Care sector and providing high level service and support to your residents or customers or thinking about a career move back to our sector.
If you are also working in or have experience delivering personal care services to customers in other areas of Health Services, including Disability Services, we would also love to hear from you.
- Previous experience working in a customer-centric role and industry
- You will have 12 months experience working in Aged Care in a Care role, including personal care
- You will also hold a relevant Aged Care qualification eg. Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support.
- Flexibility to work rosters between Monday to Friday
- A current Australian Driver’s License and your own reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle
- It is a requirement for all Australian Unity Care Workers to have a current First Aid Certificate. If you do not have a current First Aid Certificate, we will organise one as part of your induction process. There is no cost to you if are required to complete this training.
WHY JOIN US:
- Competitive remuneration which is part of our own Enterprise Agreement and reviewed yearly
- Part time or Casual contracts – both with regular and consistent hours of work to provide stability of employment
- Enjoy additional yearly Well-Being days as ‘paid’ leave
- Flex-Up – work additional overtime hours as available and boost your income
- Attractive kilometer allowance
- Smartphone – ready when you join us with your fortnightly rosters, customer care plans and other information to assist you from your first day with us
- Employee Referral Program – refer your friends and family members to join us as Care Workers and earn a great bonus per successful referral
- Employee Assistance Program – support and assistance for you and your partner at those times in life when you need it most
- Access to our well supported employee Learning program, including a customised Home Care Induction on joining us PLUS our LinkedIn Learning course portfolio awaits you
- Meaningful and achievable career development plan to assist you to achieve your desired role and work goals
- Attractive employee discounts on Australian Unity Bank products, Private Health and General Insurance
- A supportive and engaging leadership team who really care about your wellbeing and success
- 14 weeks paid parental leave - equal benefit for both parents
- Bump to Baby – a support service connecting you to a team of maternal health experts, midwives, and nurses
WHAT MAKES US, US?
- We align to our Values of being Warm, Bold and Honest, both with each other and with our customers
- We’re all about lifelong learning
- We’re all about supporting your wellbeing
- We take care of our people, they take care of our customers
- We’re all about making a bigger difference together
We are here to make a difference every day, small things, big things and everything in between.
We encourage you to join our team in this meaningful journey and make a difference in your local community.
At Australian Unity the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and our customers is our highest priority. In recognition that COVID-19 is affecting the way we work and creating new and sometimes challenging issues for our people, we have special leave arrangements in place and strengthened measures to support employee mental health and wellbeing. All successful persons will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination before commencing employment or medical exemption certificate from a registered medical practitioner. Your Talent Acquisition Specialist will help guide you through this requirement, we thank you for your understanding and support during these unprecedented times.
If you want to join a team which makes a real difference within an essential service, apply today!
Click APPLY or contact Caroline Gray (Talent Acquisition Specialist) at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click https://www.australianunity.com.au/about-us/reconciliation-action-plan