Johnny Martin Oval will be packed with 450 cars and bikes on Sunday October 29 for a family day of fun for a good cause.
Following the success of the inaugural Valley Industries Autofest in Manning Street last year, organisers have moved the event to the Johnny Martin Oval in Wynter Street for 2017 to accomodate more vehicles and more people.
“It’s a lot larger this year,” said organiser Monique Cahill.
“Word has got around.”
Bringing together the many car and bike enthusiasts around the area to help raise funds for Valley Industries was a win/win.
They get to show off their vehicles – hot rods, push bikes, historical bikes, burn out cars, street cars and motorbikes – while doing more for their community.
There will be plenty to do on the day for the whole family:
- Club Taree jumping castle
- Skateboard and scooter competition
- Emergency services displays by Taree Fire Brigade, SES and local Police
- Local car yards having displays of new vehicles
- Quota ladies stall with home made cakes and sweets for sale
- A variety of food stalls including Mr Whippy and Saxby’s Soft Drinks
- Shannon’s Insurance marquee
- Port Macquarie Harley Davison bike display
- Taree Lions will be selling ‘ducks’ to be included in the Tastefest duck race on January 13
- Trophy presentations by local Mayor David West from 2.30-3pm
- Signed books by motoring legend Joel Wakely for sale
This advertising feature is sponsored by the following business. Click the link to learn more:
A highlight for the youngsters will be the skateboard and scooter competition held at Taree Skatepark, adjacent to the oval.
Entries are open for kids from 4-16 with competitions taking place between 10am-2pm.
Plenty of prizes and gifts are up for grabs and a barbecue and ready supply of soft drinks will keep the energy up.
Entry is just $2 for the skating competition which doubles as entry to the car and bike show (a wristband will be given).
It’s never too late to enter a vehicle into the car and bike show, entries are $10 per vehicle.
Contact Monique at Valley Cafe, Manning Street or phone 0424 291873.
Monique would like to thank all the local businesses, organisations and people who have helped make Autofest a great day for the whole family.
- What: Valley Industries Autofest
- When: Sunday, October 29 9.30am-5pm
- Where: Johnny Martin Oval
- Entry: Adults $2, family $5, show vehicle $10