The forecast for some cooler weather over the weekend may mean a welcome pause in what has been an accelerated start to the bushfire season.
As of 10.30am of Thursday, October 5, NSW RFS listed several fires in the area:
- Fire at Leigh Drive, 0 ha burned;
- Fire at 1854 Nowendoc Rd, Mount George, 380 ha burned;
- Fire at 294 Belbora Creed Rd, Belbora, 1704 ha burned;
- Fire at Millers Road, Bobin, 45 ha burned;
- Fire at 933 Innes View Rd, Innes View, 1781 ha burned;
- Fire at Pacific Dr, Crowdy Head, 0 ha burned;
- Fire at Lakes Way, Tuncurry, 2426 ha burned .
All the above fires are currently listed as under control and at advice level.
The Fires Near Me website, www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/fire-information/fires-near-me, is updated as information is processed through the incident centre, and the RFS are keeping the community updated via Facebook and Twitter.
NSW RFS remind the community to have a bush fire survival plan ready. For more information visit, www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/plan-and-prepare/bush-fire-survival-plan