Now is the time to get ready. The NSW Rural Fire Service is inviting you to meet local firefighters.
Brigades will be conducting a range of events and activities on Get Ready Weekend on the weekend of September 16-17 across the Mid Coast area to help you prepare for fire season.
Did you know that where you live is critical in determining your level of bush fire risk?
Research has found that around 90 per cent of homes destroyed by bush fire are due to burning embers. Embers have the ability to travel many kilometres from the fire. This means that even if you live well away from the bush you can still be at risk.
Over Get Ready Weekend local firefighters will be able to discuss your personal risks and how you can best protect you and your home from fire.
Brigades open on Saturday, September 16:
- Killabakh, 10am – 5pm
- Hannam Vale, 10am – 1pm
- Johns River, 9am – 12.30pm
- Kundle Moto, 10.30am – 2.30pm
- Harrington, 9am – 2pm
- Mitchells Island, 8.30am – 4pm
- Mid Coast Fire Control Centre, 28 Muldoon Street Taree, 9am – 12pm
- Rainbow Flat, 10am – 2pm
- Tuncurry, 11am – 1pm
- Pacific Palms, 10am – 2pm
Brigades open on Sunday, September 17:
- Wherrol Flat, 10am – 4pm
- Lansdowne, 10am – 12pm
- Coopernook, 11am – 3pm
- Mid Coast Fire Control Centre, 28 Muldoon Steet Taree, 9am – 12pm
- Diamond Beach, 7am – 12pm
- Gloucester Great Lakes Firewise, John Wright Park Tuncurry, 9.30am – 2.30pm
- Coomba Park, 10am – 2pm
- Green Point, 8am – 2pm
- Bulahdelah, 10am – 12.30pm
For more information visit rfs.nsw.gov.au.