Manning Valley Concert Band, directed by Roger Griffiths, and the Manning Valley Youth Concert Band, presents the ‘Best of’ Concert on Sunday, August 27 at 2pm at the Presbyterian Church, Albert Street, Taree. The afternoon includes selections from the movies, stage musicals, rock, jazz and more.
Concert highlights include the performance of Don’t Cry For Me Argentina, sung by the band’s talented vocalist, Amanda Lees, and Paul Gallagher performing What a Wonderful World, one of the last hits by jazz trumpeter, Louis Armstrong.
Four of the talented young musicians, Mitchell Brown, Hannah Hartup, Bec Wright and Miguel Guthridge, will make their conducting debuts. Mitchell, Hannah and Bec are also members of the Hunter Wind Ensemble.
Tickets are $5 at the door, or from Bass’n’Blues Music (6551 5067). Proceeds will support the three young Hunter Wind Ensemble members with uniform costs for their tour of Spain in January.
- Knit and Knatter at Forster Library from 10am to 12pm.
- Children’s Book Week Storytime at Hallidays Point Library from 10.30am to 11.30am.
- Mark Vincert ‘You Raised Me Up’ tour at Manning Entertainment Centre from 7pm.
- Mount George Village Markets, 8am to noon at Mount George Hall.
- Nabiac Farmers Market, 8am to noon at Nabiac Showground.
- Tuncurry Markets, 8am to 1pm, at John Wright Park, Tuncurry.
- Back to Mount George Festival, 8.30am to 5pm, Mount George School of Arts Hall.
- National Family History Month – DNA and Your Family between 11am and 2pm at Taree Library.
- Taree parkrun, Endeavour Place Car Park, 8am.
- Forster parkrun, Pebbly Beach, 8am.
- Old Bar Markets, 7am to 1pm at Old Bar Reserve.
- Bobin Hall Markets, 9am to 2pm, Bulga Road, Bobin.
- Pacific Palms Markets, 9am to 1pm, at Pacific Palms Community Centre.