Night works in Albert Street
MidCoast Council is due to begin night works asphalt resurfacing in Albert Street on Monday, May 22 until Friday, May 26.
Work will be done in two stages:
- Stage one: the section between Commerce Street and Pulteney Street will be undertaken from Monday, May 22 until Tuesday, May 23
- Stage two: the stretch running from Manning Street to Macquarie Street will be completed from Wednesday, May 24 until Thursday, May 25. Works are due for completion by Friday, May 26.
Load limit and closure of Killabakh Creek Bridge
MidCoast Council have placed an 11 tonne load limit on Killabakh Creek Bridge, Yarratt Road near Killabakh, with a full road closure due to take place from Tuesday, May 23 until Thursday, May 25.
As of May 15, the new load limit requires heavy vehicles to detour using Comboyne Road and Shorts Road, or via Cedar Party Road. A reduced speed limit of 20 kilometres per hour will apply to general traffic continuing to use the bridge.
Crews will undertake urgent repairs on the bridge, requiring a full road closure on Tuesday at 9am until 4pm on Thursday. Once complete the load limit will be raised to 20 tonnes, however the 20km speed limit will remain in place.
Rail crossing closures
The Australian Rail and Track Corporation (ARTC) will be closing the following level crossings for maintenance works:
- Landsdowne Road railway at Kundle Kundle from 6pm on Monday, May 22 until 6am Tuesday, May 23
- Macquarie Street from 5pm on Monday, May 22 until 5am Tuesday, May 23
- Melinga rail crossing from 5pm on Wednesday, May 24 until 5am Thursday, May 25