Throughout May and June, the Cancer Council is calling on Aussies to pop on the kettle and prep the menu for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea to raise vital funds for Cancer Council.
“Every morning tea makes a difference,” Sarah Royall at Cancer Council NSW Northern NSW office said.
“One Australian is diagnosed with cancer approximately every five minutes, the length of an average tea break. It is all about making your cuppa count.
“Every amount raised, big or small, can go a long way. $15 allows Cancer Council to provide easy-to-understand information on treatments, practical advice and emotional support to cancer patients and their families.
“$50 makes sure there’s a cancer nurse available on 13 11 20 to offer information and support to callers.
“This year, we’re celebrating the unique cancer support services that Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea helps fund each year, like Cancer Council’s new online community where people affected by cancer can share their experiences with others, our Transport to Treatment services, and our face to face Information and Support service located in treatment facilities. ” Ms Royall said.
If you are not hosting an Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, but wish to participate by donating and having a cuppa, here are some events in the Manning Valley you can get along to:
Saturday May 20
- Cuppa in the Country at Mountain View, Clarkes Road Tinonee on from 9am to 1pm, $5 cuppa and cake all day. Raffles, stores, farm walk at 10.30am, music, barbecue.
Thursday May 25
- Taree Gardens, Edinburgh Drive Taree on Thursday May 25 from 10am to 11am.
- Estia Health, 424 Wingham Road Taree, 9.30am to 11am.
- Bridgey's Sportspower in Taree from 10am.
- Upper Lansdowne Craft Club at Upper Lansdowne Hall from 10am.
Thursday June 1
- Chapman and Wood Amcal Chemist, Isabella Street Wingham, 9.30am to 11.30am.
- Lansdowne Public School at the school from 10.30am.
Friday June 2
- Nick’s Cutting Edge hairdressers, 63 Albert St, Taree from 9am.
Friday June 23
- Quota International of Taree at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, Macquarie Street, Taree from 10am to 1pm.
While Thursday, May 25 is the official date for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, registrations are still open to host for the remainder of the month and throughout June.
Get involved in an Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea by visiting www.biggestmorningtea.com.au or by calling 1300 65 65 85