- Related:Nabiac Show 2001 – 2015 Gallery
The Nabiac Show returns for a fun filled day on Saturday March 18.
For more than 100 years the Wallamba and District Agricultural and Horticultural Show, more commonly known as the Nabiac Show, has been showcasing the very best the district’s farming community has to offer.
Situated in Nabiac, just off the Pacific Highway south of Taree the Nabiac Showground is very easy to find.
Gates open at 8am for the start of the horse events and 8.30am for the Hall and other exhibits.
This might only be a small, one day show but it packs a lot of things in to keep everyone happy.
Organisers endeavour to keep it a true agricultural show with ring events, show jumping, team penning, milking goats, beef cattle, show dogs and poultry all on show.
Local agricultural schools have been encouraged to join in the beef cattle competitions and they also have a special class of their own in the “junior paraders” competition.
This advertising feature is sponsored by the following businesses. Click on the link to learn more:
- Nabiac & District Pre-School
- Buckingham’s Real Estate
- Total Caravan Repairs
- Nabiac Real Estate
- Old Bank Centre
- Nabiac Hotel
- Connect 3 Real Estate
- Belinda’s Beauty Salon
Hall displays include:
Needlework, craft, art, photography, cooking, knitting, painting, flowers and floral arrangements.
For those looking for other forms of entertainment there is plenty to choose from:
- Chidren’s pet competition
- Troppo Bob the magician
- Quenorie the face painter
- Bob Withey and his “Snake Tails” reptile display
- Griego the Great and Joe May the Clown
- Carnival rides
- Market stalls
There will be demonstrations on the day from the local knitters and spinners and the Great Lakes Wood Workers.
Local musicians, Past Masters will entertain.
Finally the day will finish with a few bangs. The FMX KAOS International Freestyle Bike Riders team is appearing at 5pm, the demo derby at 6pm and don’t miss the fireworks display at 8pm.
Schedule of events
- Ring action: Horse events from 8am which also include team penning this year at 10am
- Beef cattle: Judging from 8am in the cattle pavilion – junior paraders and junior judging of cattle also there.
- Poultry: Judging at 8:30am in the poultry pavilion
- Dairy goats: Judging from 8am in pens behind the produce shed
- Pet show: Judging from 1.30pm in the grassed area opposite the show office
- Grand parade: Starts 2.45pm in the ring, led by the Light Horse Brigade. Official opening of the show by John Turner, of MidCoast Council who will announce winners and present ribbons for Best in Show, Best on Parade, Supreme Champion of Hall Exhibits, Champion Pet and any others.
- Donk Motors
- Manning Great Lakes Woodworkers
- Great Lakes Knit and Spin
- Market stalls
- Troppo Bob’s Magic
- Face painting by Quenorie and her fairy helper
- Griego the Great, roving magician
- Joe May, local international clown
- “Snake Tails” Australian Reptile Display
- Past Masters, musical trio
- 5pm/5.30pm: FMX Kaos Freestyle Team of motorbike performers with guests riders from Nitro Circus
- 6.30pm: Demolition derby
- 8pm/8.30pm: KaBoom Fireworks
Food and drink
Barbecue and canteen open all day; luncheon room in the Hall courtesy of Wallamba Show Ladies Auxiliary; food vans, bar open from 10am
Gates open 8am, Saturday March 18.