Disaster assistance has been made available for areas impacted by last weekend’s bushfires, including the MidCoast and Hastings local government areas.
“While Parliament has been sitting here in Canberra, I have been keeping abreast of the situation in our electorate through discussion with locals and my parliamentary colleagues,” member for Lyne Dr David Gillespie said.
“I have also received advice from the Federal Attorney General that disaster assistance available for affected communities in our region,” Dr Gillespie said.
The assistance will be available to affected individuals, families, and councils ensuring they have the resources they need to assist them recover from the impacts of the bushfires as quickly as possible.
This assistance includes:
- Help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged;
- Support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets;
- Concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations;
- Freight subsidies for primary producers; and
- Grants to non-profit organisations.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444. To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit www.raa.nsw.gov.au.
Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website disasterassist.gov.au and the New South Wales emergency information and response website at emergency.nsw.gov.au.