Times advertising consultant, Kerry De Stefano found this galah on its back on the front lawn in Maiden Avenue during Wednesday afternoon's electrical storm.
It appears lightning had struck near a power pole and Country Energy workers were on the scene.
Three of the galahs were dead. Two had had the feathers singed off their front.
One had survived but was on its back in shock.
The surviving galah was dropped off with FAWNA volunteer Angela Johns. Angie is a busy girl, volunteering with FAWNA, volunteering with Manning Support Services and working at Big W. You will see her smiling face on the door checking bags and welcoming customers.
This turned out to be a 'close shave' for the galah in more ways than one as Angie is participating in this year's "World's Greatest Shave". So next time you are in Big W, say hi and as Angie said, donations gratefully accepted to this wonderful cause.
And as for the "Sparky" the galah, after a restful night, tucked up in a nice warm box, Angie took him to Taree West park yesterday morning to test his flying ability.
After a wobbly start he was airborne and was last seen perched high in the gum trees above the PCYC.